Unbelievable ride..

Last one month has been very demanding. Not just for the fact that I have had a baby girl and attending to her, but my 5 year old daughter has been a handful too. Though she loves the baby and wants to carry her around like a doll, she is also acutely aware that attention has been divided and as a result she is throwing quite a few tantrums.

It all started last month on the 8th, when I went in for a planned c-section delivery. Somethings went wrong and even after the first operation, the bleeding did not stop. This meant that they took me back into the operation theater and operated again. I was in semi-conscious state and could hear the doctors talking. It was as if I was witnessing someone else's operation.. the BP is going low, her pulse if feeble... give her anesthesia.. and so on. Finally I came back to consciousness in the ICU and was not even able to speak. My husband was allowed to come in and visit me but it was just a fleeting visit. It was only the next day that I was able to see my daughter and only by evening was she allowed to room in with us.

Five days later with transfused blood, truckloads of medicines and fluids I walked out of the hospital with my baby in my arms, to go home and rest and recuperate. Last month has seen me recover my strength as the stitches healed and the energy flowed back. Today I can see I am quite like myself.

This incident made me aware of the thin line between life and death. There is an old saying that, 'Giving birth is like taking a new birth yourself.'. It might have come from the times when the medical field was not so advanced, but this time it seemed to apply to me to the T. It was an unbelievable ride.. thank God I came out of it a little scarred but mostly safe and sound to take care of my family.

Comments

Shivali Mittal said…
Yam,
It is even difficult to imagine how the initial days must have been.
But you have managed to be pretty sane...Kudos to you and three cheers...
Love
Shivali
Henna Tangri said…
Di....When Wadimama told me about this she narrated everything in detail but very calmly to me and also after u were fine...So I was like worried and relaxed at the same time....Always stay happy and healthy
Lots of love....

Popular posts from this blog

What if ...

Civic Sense

Child Space