My Grandmother .. my Guardian..

My Guardian is an angel now as she watches from the heavens above.. 


My grandmother passed away today and as I go through the myriad memories in my mind, I remember the prayer she taught me and her other grandchildren.

I have always said this prayer to myself whenever I have been tense.. before every exam, in every plane turbulence and when my kids were unwell. I will always carry her in my heart with this prayer.

Just remembering her today .. here is the Gurbani prayer and the translation :

Tatti wao na laggayee
Hot winds (hard times) cannot touch me

Paar bhram sharnaai 
As I am in the Guru's protection

Chaugirdh hamare raam kaar
Ramaji is all around me .. protecting me

Dukh lage na bhai 
No sorrow or pain can touch me, my brother.. 

Satguru poora bhentya
I have met the SatGuru ( the true guru)

Jin bant banaai
He has made me the way He wants..

Ram naam okha diya
Ramji has given me his name as the remedy/medicine .. 

Eka liv lai 
I am in sync with my God.. 

Rakh liya teen rakhan haar
The Guru will save and protect me ..

Sab byadh mitaai
He will remove all the obstacles and problems ..

Kaho nanak kirpa bhai
Guru Nanak says 'God's blessings ... ' 

Prabh bhayo sahaai. 
... and His grace will always support me ' 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IC 814 revisited

Civic Sense

What if ...