Flickr to Picassa

I have a lot of photographs online, some of them have been scanned from the time when digital cameras weren't everywhere and I like to look at them at times. It brings back old memories. And then, Yahoo decided to shut shop and move everyone to Flickr. I had always seen Flickr as a professional photographer's companion. My cousin has a lot of world class pictures there and she gets great comments from the whole community. When I was given the option to move to Flickr, I thought why not ?

But of course, I didn't read the fine print and missed out on the fact that at the end of three months, I would either have to buy the pro membership, or all but the latest 200 of my pictures would be visible. The others would be hidden, for all practical purposes lost. I didn't want to invest $25 per year for hosting and sharing my pictures online. So I looked around the web.

Besides a lot of disgruntled bloggers/yahoo users, I also found this really cool tool , Migratr, which allows me to move all my Flickr pictures to Picassa, with the meta data (the tags, comments intact). It has a simple interface and very easy to use. I just loved it.

Now I have my pictures backed up on Picassa too. If Flickr takes away my pictures, I'll just move to Picassa. The cheers for the Migratr team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What if ...

Civic Sense

Child Space