Bhool Bhulaiya

Went to catch the new movie 'Bhool Bhulaiya' and since the new Fun Cinema multiplex had opened in the 'Grand Sigma Mall' with an introductory offer of Rs 120 for Gold Class and Rs 100 for the Silver Class, we thought why not?

Any sane person might have found many reasons for not going to this new place. For one, we had no idea where Cunningham road is, and we had never seen this mall. Secondly, we are new to Bangalore (2 months old), but that didn't daunt us.

So after a quick look at Google maps and getting our bearings, we started out to wards MG Road. From there we had a vague idea of the direction to take. As with most of Indian cities, one can easily ask your way around and get the directions to most places. We managed to reach Cunningham road in about 40 minutes, found the mall in another 5 minuts and then proceeded to park in the basement parking.

God was that a pain. There was a long line of cars waiting to find parking space and there was just enough space to move your car in the parking lot. My husband asked me to get the tickets (as we had booked on the Internet and we still needed to collect them). One look at the elevator told me that there was no point waiting for it. I took the stairs to the Ground Floor.

I asked around for the Booking Counter and found out that it was in the Parking lot. Took the stairs down again. Reached the counter and got the tickets in about 10 minutes. I had 2 spare tickets as my Brother-in-law and his wife could not make it. It took me less than 10 seconds to get a couple to buy it.

And then the ordeal started. The hall was on Fourth Floor, but the elevator was full each time it came to the First Parking Level. So I took the stairs and checked with my husband who was still waiting for the elevator at the Lower Parking Level. When I reached the Fourth level after some huffing and puffing, I found the door to the stairs locked. I was indignant. Then I saw a guard standing nearby and I knocked on the door. She looked at me and asked me to come from the elevator. I told her to open the door at least.

She was kind enough to call an official who checked my tickets and called me in (along with a few others who had tagged along). My husband was still not in, but he assured me that he 'll be up in 5 minutes. Finally, my husband along with my in laws and my daughter reached the fourth floor and we proceeded for the movie already 15 minutes late.

The movie turned out to a horror-comedy combination and should probably have been named appropriately. But it was enjoyable. On the other had, our trip to the mall and back turned out to be the real 'bhool bhalaiya' but it was enjoyable. Another good part of the interval break was the number of good trailers (previews) that were shown. All good forthcoming movies, including Jodha Akbar, Saawariya, Om Shanti Om, Jab We Met and a few others.

The food court offered 10% discount to people who had movie tickets. The food was just passable, but at that time we had no energy to find another outlet around there.

The journey back was uneventful. As usual we had discussions about how wise it was to go so far for a movie, on a Sunday night, when next day we have office and the little one has school. But Monday morning was usual.. so all's well that ends well.

Comments

We won, we won! said…
Corr-san,

Your post brings back fond memories of Bangalore, and also show how much has changed since I left it 4 years ago!

Cunningham Road was one of my favorite places -- my friend's office was on it. There were so any eating joint on it! It has the only Pizza Hut in India that serves beer too! And parking was always a nightmare there...

But there were no malls or multiplexes when I was there! God, how I miss watching movies 'in black'!

Popular posts from this blog

What if ...

Civic Sense

Child Space