December dilemma

Post Diwali, things have been very hectic for me.. and no time to write anything let alone do much around in Bangalore. My fulltime help left for his annual 1 month long leave.. only this time it is going to be 1.25 month long as he has to travel further and it takes him almost 2 days to reach his hometown from Bangalore.

The chill has also set in and my daily routine is so hectic that I do not even have the time to breathe. A typical working day looks like this. I snooze the alarm at 5:30 am and try to get some more sleep till it rings again. At the second ring, I drag myself out of bed watching with envy as my husband and daughter sleep on. I am in the kitchen by 5:50 and start preparing lunch and breakfast. By 6:30 I wake up my husband and daughter and ask them to start getting ready.

Getting Ananya ready by 8:00 am is a challenge in itself as she wants to rest for five minutes after everything. So it is ... brush her teeth, rest for five minutes. Have a bath.. rest for five minutes (and she has no idea how long is five minutes).. and so it goes on .. the constant shouting/goading in the morning asking her to hurry everything up. Today as we rushed to her bus stop, the bus also pulled in and we made it just in time.

After Ananya and Ravi leave (both by around 8:15am) I go back, clear the table, put the house in order and get ready myself. It is 9:00am by the time I leave for work.

In the lunch break I go back home, pick up Ananya from her bus stop, leave her home and get back to work all in the short span of 40 minutes. On most days she is well behaved and lets me go back, though there are days when she asks me to stay back and then getting back to work isn't that easy .. but she is getting used to the idea.

Evening are very hectic too, dinner preparations, taking Ananya to play in the play-area, actually getting her to eat her dinner and then clearing out everything. After 8-9 hours at work, and the domestic chores, by the time I put Ananya to sleep, I am ready to fall off too.. and that is what I do.. till the alarm rings again at 5:30 am .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What if ...

Civic Sense

Child Space