Happy Holidays

Today is one rainy day. It has been raining since morning and I am so glad my daughter doesn't have to go to school today. The traffic is worse than usual which is so very typical of Bangalore. But somehow I have a spring in my step.

My maid number one has hurt her foot and won't be coming to work today. Who is going to do the pile of dishes I dumped in the sink when I made Gajar Halwa yesterday ? Ananya's maid has also not turned up. It is raining you see, so she has a ready excuse. But still I have a song on my lips.

The chill has set in, and I am wrapped up in my shawl. There has been no sunshine since morning and people all around are cribbing about the clammy weather. But I have a smile on my face.

I am taking a 2 week long vacation. I am going home, to be pampered. I am going home to late nights and late mornings. I am going to the north, where the winter chill has every one's teeth chattering and toes frozen. But the warmth in the cockles of my heart has me all cheery.

Happy Holidays everyone ..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What if ...

Civic Sense

Child Space